New York, New York
about 1 month ago
Lease Accounting Manager
New York, NY
Job Id: 9148
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Managing month-end close process including preparation of journal entries, accounting reconciliations, and preparing financial reporting and flux analyses.
- Preparing/updating monthly journal entries
- Preparing monthly Right of Use Asset and Lease Liability reconciliations
- Preparing a roll forward of all applicable accounts to assist in reporting
- Collaborating with business partners to improve existing processes
- Obtaining required financial information and assisting in the formation an execution of internal controls and policies.
- Forecasting and driving lease-related cash flows (rent and other occupancy costs, security deposits, tenant improvement allowances).
- Preparing budget estimates for all occupancy expenses including but not limited to; preparing assumptions summaries and updating estimates throughout the year.
- Performing technical accounting on research and the preparation of accounting memos and business process documentation.
- Assisting in the preparation of disclosures.
- Supporting scaling of processes through automation by working on system implementations and enhancements, including but not limited to; the utilization of Anaplan for the accounting team.
- 3-5 years of related experience demonstrating progressive responsibility; public/private accounting experience preferred, experience with ASC 842 is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or parts passed preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, capable of prioritizing and executing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A work style open to direction and collaborative; detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment – extended hours when necessary.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Technical knowledge of GAAP/SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft applications and Visual Lease or a similar type of leasing system; NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.