about 1 month ago
Asphalt Plant Manager
Job Id: 12328
Are you looking to make a career change to a rapidly growing, professional company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, stock options, paid PTO etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Must be responsible for a safe work environment complying to OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Must operate Asphalt Plant (motor controls and load out)
- Must promote material sales and conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Must manage and record time and material records. Tracking inventory of materials and ordering plant materials when necessary.
- The candidate is responsible to maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventive maintenance tasks and making minor repairs.
- Must report all major maintenance problems to Field Mechanics, Supervisors and/or Safety Coordinators.
- Must assist in training the less-experienced employees on proper operations, servicing, and repair of the plant to further hone their abilities.
- Must operate front end loaders, skid loaders, and various other equipment as required.
- Must oversee the mixing process, ensuring that asphalt meets specifications, regulations, and requirements for each asphalt type.
- Must work with quality control, ensuring efficient asphalt plant production of materials.
- Must coordinate and communicate with all project personnel to avoid potential problems.
- Ensure that all administrative duties, such as time sheets, accident and damage reports, safety meetings, safety audits, maintenance logs, expense reports, and affirmative action reports are prepared and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in all types of terrain.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work around loud noises and can tolerate being exposed to odors, gasses, dust, etc.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, in confined spaces, high places, and in excavated areas.
- Must have extensive knowledge of construction procedures, OSHA / MSHA guidelines, and construction equipment, including safe operating practices and signs of maintenance issues.
- Possess strong math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of material consistency and understanding compaction techniques.
- Must have reliable transportation with the ability to travel.
- Must have the ability to work extended hours as required by the workload.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Industry-leading Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) & Financial Health Education
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Insurance with Wellness Incentive
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Business Casual Office Environment
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Direct Hire/ Full Time
- Opportunities for Overtime
- Referral Bonus Program
- Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Leadership & Training Programs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years civil construction experience with at least 3 years of prior related experience operating an asphalt plant is required.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification
- MSHA Certification
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B (preferred)
- Current HMA Plant Manager Certification (preferred)
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.