18 days ago
Corporate EHSS Specialist
Job Id: 12751
Are you looking to make a career change to rapidly growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and 401K. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Responsible for leading EHS personnel in performance of hazard assessments, identifications and determinations using a variety of complex evaluation methods, which may require solving problems inherent with the experimental techniques.
- Makes initial determinations, evaluates need for further information and recommends the appropriate hazard controls and implementation methodology.
- Research protocol discussions involving occupational, chemical, biological and/or radiological hazard exposures to ensure design meets regulatory requirements and provides adequate margin of safety.
- Interfaces with internal and external auditors; implements corrective measures in response to audit findings in collaboration with EHS Manager and operational departments.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and repair of technical equipment; operates and calibrates analytical instruments, equipment, and related components; makes adjustments and follows-up to resolve equipment problems.
- Ensures safety conditions and inventory levels are maintained.
- Drafts and revises standard operating procedures to ensure safety and health of personnel and the effectiveness of services provided.
- Coordinates with EHS Manager, University staff and others as needed to implement procedures, plans, processes, best practices, and safety standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Engineering, Biology or Chemistry)
- Solid knowledge of LW manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of all EHS regulations and their impact on the food industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialty, applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines related to area of expertise.
- 3-5 years progressive experience in the environmental/engineering field
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or team building skills.
- Proven ability to quickly assess situations through demonstrated problem-solving skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art technology related to their EHS discipline.
- Computer skills commensurate with job responsibilities (e.g., database design, spreadsheet development, word-processing).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Medical Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- Direct Hire.
Ask for: Tasha Harper
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.