Conover, North Carolina
about 2 months ago
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Maintaining data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Creating and reviews the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Supporting physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigating cycle counting variances and resolves issues
- Updating standard costs in Syspro
- Reviewing standard costs in the bill of materials
- Reviewing standard and actual costs of inaccuracies
- Validating the costs of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulating and applies overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Working with the Controller and/or CFO to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Conducting ongoing process constraint analyses
- Reporting on breakeven points by products, company, and department
- Reporting on margins by product and division
- Reporting on periodic variances and their causes and focusing on spending variances
- Analyzing capital budgeting requests and performing cost accumulations tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- Three or more years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with furniture manufacturing is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standard accounting practices.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate between departments, and with individuals from various levels of the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Highly organized, detail and goal-oriented, with ability to work under deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including an advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook.
- ERP system experience required and experience with implementing ERP systems preferred.
- Proficient skills in using general office equipment including desktop, telephone, printer, copier, fax, scanner, etc.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.