La Mesa, California
about 2 months ago
La Mesa, CA
Job Id: 9604
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Complete monthly analysis of COGS and Gross Margin results in metric and narrative form.
- Responsible for manufacturing variance analysis.
- Correctly identify efficient ways to collect data for product cost analysis and inventory activity.
- Work to reduce time spent on data gathering and more time on analysis.
- Assist operations and management on special projects
- Must possess the ability to lead meetings cross functionally to deliver financial analytic results and provide recommendations.
- Work with all functional areas in the company to understand costs and variances to assist in providing detailed analysis related to COGS, operating expenses, and financial results.
- Drive and take ownership of the COGS section of the annual budget
- Report monthly on the budget versus actual results and trend analysis.
- Work closely with the materials and warehouse departments to ensure appropriate product costing and conduct audit activities.
- Responsible for monthly financial statement and account analysis including providing recommendations based on findings.
- Use tools to eliminate waste from the accounting processes.
- Establish metrics to measure performance relating to the implementation of Lean Manufacturing.
- Document policies and procedures within area of responsibility
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Must interview process owners to document processes, provide process improvement recommendations and facilitate implementation.
- Month-end close JE’s and account reconciliations.
- Assist with external audits.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university) in Accounting, Finance; five plus years related accounting experience.
- Experience in manufacturing is required.
- Ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- Knowledge of Accounting software-Syspro; Corporate Performance Management software-Taylor Database.
- Ability to be trained in finance software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access).
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.