Baywood, New York
3 months ago
Distribution Center Supervisor
Different Shifts as needed
Job Id: 11375
Are you looking to make a career change to a cutting edge and growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance and much more. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Manage the daily activities for deliver associates or warehouse associates assigned to different shifts while providing leadership.
- Manage the team performance, provide training, Seal Onboarding, motivate, coach, and evaluate each employee.
- Investigate performance concerns, and complaints, execute disciplinary action on an as needed basis and in consultation with field human resources.
- Select, recruit, train and mentor employees and maintain staff development growth.
- Adheres to ATD’s quality standards, health and safety, environmental policies, SEAL operating platform deliverables, legal compliance, and general care of duty.
- Provide support and back up to the Distribution Excellence Manager.
- Ensure employees understand work expectations by performing daily DC huddles.
- Using warehouse management system, supervise and record the storage, receipt, distribution of all equipment, specialty items, and supplies in a warehouse operation that is centralized.
- Manages warehouse associates organizing the labor of loading/unloading delivery trucks, operating forklifts/industrial equipment, picking material to fill orders, staging product for loading, periodic inventory control and proper shipment of orders via third party carriers (LTL).
- Manages product handling equipment maintenance of assigned facility and inventory warehouse control systems.
- Monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within the distribution center by championing safe working conditions.
TRANSPORTATION FUNCTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on time percentage greater than 95%.
- Provides Department of Transportation regulations and driver compliance guidance and follow up in accordance with JJ Keller guidelines.
- Works with service providers of delivery vehicles to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- Implement procedures to increase productivity by reviewing work methods using various monitoring systems such as Roadnet, Telematics and Fleetmatics.
- The Distribution Center Supervisor may manage either or both warehouse associates and delivery-drivers/ associates while working with other Distribution Center Supervisors, dependent on the size of the distribution center and the number of routes.
- Previous direct Management experience over 10 or more teams.
- Distribution Center or Warehouse Experience 4 years (preferred)
- Distribution Supervisory or Warehouse Supervisory Experience 2 years (preferred)
- Authorized to work in the US (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or 2+ years previous applicable leadership experience.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma continuous improvement environment.
- Day Shift / Night Shift / Overnight Shift (required)
- DC is open 3AM-7PM M-F with limited Saturday hours.
- Ability to motivate employees to ensure they carry out their assigned tasks; ability to build mutual respect, ability to follow through with assigned tasks, ability to encourage.
- Passionate about world class service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead, show integrity, and humility always.
- Adhere to the companies “Code Of Conduct” by handling all business matters ethically and in full compliance while demonstrating respect.
- While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, handle or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, use tools or controls, climb stairs, balance, kneel, reach with arms and hands and lift or move up to 150 pounds.
- Must have specific vision abilities like color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, close vision, distance vision, along with the ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription Drug Card Coverage
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ask for: Julie
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.