West York, Pennsylvania
about 2 months ago
Finishing Operations Manager
West York, PA
Job Id: 12281
Are you looking to make a career change to a fortune 500, rapidly growing professional,) company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, stock options, paid PTO etc.). Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Must oversee daily activities within the department.
- Must be responsible for coordinating and collaborating in the production process with other departments.
- Must oversee the administration of all policies, procedures set forth by the company for the Finishing department.
- Must ensure a strong team environment with transparency and good communication skills between shifts and departments.
- Must be able to track department production statistics on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and report these to the Management Team and the Operations Team at monthly and bi-annual meetings.
- Must adhere to safety rules and regulations set forth by the company.
- Must be responsible for pay changes, performance evaluation, discipline, vacation scheduling for the Finishing department.
- At times, must be able to step in and fill in for Shift Supervisors.
- Finishing Operations Manager sits as a member of the Sustainability Steering Committee and Product Safety Committee
- Must ensure compliance of department personnel with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s such as Employee Health and Safety, SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focusing on eliminating contaminations in all packaging manufactured.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and work extended hours if needed.
- The Operations Manager directly supervises the Finishing Department Shift Supervisors
- 10+ years of management experience
- Must have basic mechanical skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to determine P&L results for specific departments and operations from manufacturing statistics and data.
- Must have experience in a flexible packaging operation, focused on finishing operations (Lam, Slitting, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent written, communication and computer skills, working with Microsoft products and manufacturing ERP systems.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Bonus program
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid holidays.
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short-term disability coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.