23 days ago
Food Purchasing Agent
Job Id: 12002
Are you looking to make a career change to rapidly growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and 401K. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Attend events, fairs, and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends
- BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Minimum of 2+ relevant years of experience in the food manufacturing industry is preferred
- Assist Shipping department with sending out orders for delivery.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Tasha Harper
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.