2 months ago
13 Jan 00:00
Responsible for locating pallets from the receiving dock into storage racks, pulling pallets from storage for pick-lines, and using handheld scanner to record all transactions in the system while utilizing Powered Industrial Trucks.
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, (Receiving)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Unload material from trucks in Receiving area
- Get packing slips from driver or from back of the freight
- Check the loads and verify packing slip
- Write up ID tag and bring it to Data Entry Specialist to be entered into AS400
- Finish unloading truck
- Put away material in the racks
- Count actual number of inventory available in rack using counting scale
- Provide count to Inventory Control Supervisor
- Get the work order from the Production Supply Supervisor
- Pull the product from the racks, scan it and take it to the designated staging area in the Warehouse
- Take product from staging area in Warehouse to staging area in the production line
- Stage materials for shipment by bring palletized material to Shipping Dock from Warehouse Staging Area
- Scan pallets in Shipping Dock with scanner to verify if it is correct pallet to ship
- Load pallets into truck for shipment
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for his position.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Certifications: Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1 year working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 1 year experience operating powered industrial trucks
- Must have good judgment and depth perception when operating order pickers and standup high-lows
- Must be able to understand simple instructions in English. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work overtime
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Operates scanner, forklift, standup high low, electric pallet jack, order picker, pump jack and use of personal protection equipment
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, move throughout the facility and be comfortable in confined spaces. Must be able to lift/pull 25 lbs.