3 months ago
12 Dec 00:00
General Service Technician
Job Id: 4956
Are you looking to make a career change to a rapidly growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability and more. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Relocate equipment per department utilizing forklift and/or pallet jacks.
- Working with Lead Technicians to assist them in equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Diagnose and repair commercial equipment according to production targets.
- Research necessary parts and request them according to manufacturer specs.
- Will run tests on all equipment in a timely and efficient manner and communicate any risks to internal or customer facing quality targets.
- Responsible for completing product diagnosis and disposition for damaged items in support of freight claims.
- Visually inspect all used items in the Quality Control area daily.
- Work with equipment cleaner as need or as backup.
- Work with painter to perform paint prep requirements when needed or requested. Such as filling, sanding, etc.
- Complete any training to maintain OSHA compliance.
- Attend regular service employee meetings to communicate assigns and capture risks.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned to continue improvement of service department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Basic hand and power tools.
- Testing Instruments (some items are company provided.).
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- General troubleshooting abilities are a plus.
- Must have basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently to complete daily tasks.
- Must be adaptable and remain flexible.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of basic tools and material handling equipment.
- Required to have experience working with Microsoft Office. (Word & Excel)
- Physical requirement includes being able to lift 75 lbs.
- 10-Hour OSHA Training and HAZCOM Training. Training provided if not already acquired.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid PTO
Ask for Ameer Harrison
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.