about 2 months ago
Grain & Commodity Merchandiser
Job Id: 8021
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and fast-growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Buy grains as required from producers and grain elevators in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Maintain relationships with area producers, marketing groups, and elevators and effectively communicate with local market intelligence with broader Company merchandising staff.
- Manage grain records and documentation in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Enter purchase and sales contracts into the accounting system
- Manage receiving process, manage grain quality with a focus on a high level of customer service.
- Communicate grain hedges to the corporate hedge group in an effectively and timely manner.
- Manage negotiation of feed ingredients and sale of same
- Take part in Company meetings, keeping sales staff current on product development opportunities and techniques as part of the overall Team selling approach.
- Work meticulously with management developing strategies, sales programs and execution of same in response.
- Keep records and produce reports on all phases of activities as required.
- Assist in the search and development of new business and product opportunities.
- Contribute in industry tradeshows and associations
- Attain cycle and annual sales forecasts by effectively utilizing all sales tools and resources provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, or related Ag degree
- 5 years of experience in merchandising, trading, or grain or corn procurement?
- Proficient with MS Office equipment
- SAP experience is preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid Time Off
Ask for: Pooja Nirkhe
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.