South Bend, Indiana
23 days ago
Lead Shipping Associate
South Bend, IN
2nd Shift: 2pm-10pm
Job Id: 10845
Are you looking to make a career change to work for a dynamic company? This opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Lead, coach, and delegate work assignments to the team and ensure all inbound and outbound shipments are shipped successfully.
- Review team progress and provide guidance and direction as needed when more complex assignments arise to ensure timely resolution.
- Review all outbound shipments (work orders and documents) are properly packed and loaded, comply with SQR standards according to safety policies and procedures
- Check material against vendor invoices, bills of lading and customer orders Operate forklift to load, unload trucks and containers and/or transport material, supplies and equipment to other work stations and locations as needed.
- Pick, pack, wrap products in boxes and or containers prior to shipping
- Support other departments as needed, admin clerk, forklift driver and supervisor
- Provide training, attendance, and assistance to the shipping supervisor, observe workers performance measures and provide feedback to Supervisor as required.
- Communicate any personnel issues to the shipping supervisor.
- Check Inventory. Count products, compare counts and check shipments for damage, defects and discrepancies.
- Ensure all outbound loads and orders have proper product and quantities are stored, marked and tagged before shipping
- Maintain department databases and reports using Microsoft Excel and NAV systems
- Ensure all safety guidelines are being followed to prevent incidents.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is Required
- 2- 3 years relative work experience in warehouse leadership
- Prior experience operating a Forklift
- Ability daily to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Medical/ Dental
- Contract to Hire
Ask for: Jayme Faulkner
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.