4 months ago
02 Dec 00:00
Old Bridge, NJ
Job Id: 4494
Performs maintenance necessary to keep plant, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition. Work involves a wide range of methods and procedures on a variety of routine and non-routine duties to adequately and properly diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, and reassemble equipment. Troubleshoots basic mechanical assemblies to determine whether a pump, gearbox, hydraulic system or pneumatic system can be repaired or needs to be replaced, whether to replace or repair worn parts, and amount of lubrication needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works from drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams, machine operation and maintenance manuals, work order requests, and oral instructions to install, adjust, repair, and perform assigned maintenance duties.
- Position, fit and weld components to assemble structural forms, machinery frames, plant equipment, attachments or accessories, and building parts according to blueprints or knowledge of structural and metal characteristics. Utilizes various specialty cutting and welding equipment.
- Troubleshoots and services pumps, gear boxes, motors, cranes, and hydraulic, and pneumatic systems as needed at an intermediate level.
- Periodically inspects conditions of plant operating machines and equipment for preventative maintenance purposes. Inspects and performs routine equipment care on all shop machinery, mobile equipment, and cranes.
- Tears down, replaces, repairs, installs, and assembles simple equipment parts, components, and accessories.
- Cuts, bends, and threads conduit, pipe, and tubing.
- Maintains specified records of work performed, details of repairs, and material usage.
- Requires interpretation of schematics/blueprints at an intermediate level.
- Operates mobile equipment to lift and transport materials including loaders, cranes, man-lifts, brick-lift, and forklifts.
- Ensures daily preventative maintenance is performed on vehicles/mobile equipment to include fueling, cleaning, checking and adding fluid as needed.
- Follows all PPE requirements and safety rules/guidelines for all tasks being performed.
- Assists in training of coworkers as needed.
- Maintains communication with coworkers through two-way radio and hand signals.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a self-directed team with limited supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Engagement in GBS tools and methodology.
- Assists maintenance personnel as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AAS in industrial maintenance and maintenance reliability certifications are preferred.
- Verifiable maintenance technical training.
- Understanding of shop mathematics with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and precision measuring instruments.
- Experience working in an industrial environment in a position containing a routine maintenance component.
- 3 to 5 years of heavy industrial mechanical maintenance experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the following maintenance disciplines: AC/DC motors, gear box mechanics, lubrication principles, welding, cutting torch, NFPA 70E, and common maintenance hand tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of pumps, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, stick and tig welding and rigging principles.
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, and push and pull objects.
- Reach, squat, and tolerate prolonged sitting.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to work in extreme ambient temperatures up to 160°F.
- Ability to work in cramped quarters and at heights.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule including days, nights and weekends.
- Ability to tolerate working in areas where noise levels can reach 120 decibels.
- Full-time, direct-hire/permanent job opportunity
- World class manufacturer
- State of the art facility
- Loyal Client and Customer Base
- Ability for growth opportunity
Ask for: Fred Brown
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.