Material Handler Supervisor
Springsteen, South Carolina
17 days ago
Material Handler Supervisor
Job Id: 11455
Are you looking to make a career change to a cutting-edge company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Verify that the delivered material matches the type and count of order.
- When needed, deliver the materials to job sites.
- Prepare the packaging & shipping of materials and equipment being sent to remote job sites or returned to the vendor.
- Working on multiple projects at one time while performing the procurement functions, ensuring you do not exceed $500,000 of any one project out of the Miscellaneous Material Budget.
- Performs buying and purchasing tasks involving materials, suppliers, or services, from a low to high dollar value.
- Ability to evaluate bids, recommend or select suppliers, negotiate delivery, price, quality, and service.
- Develop and compile statistical data to assist in major purchase negotiations as required.
- Resolve issues on suppliers’ invoices and coordinate with the accounting department.
- Must be proficient in Procurement Online System (POL) with processing requisitions, including sending them to the proper vendor, correct requisition data as required for reporting functions to fulfill POL.
- Use AS400 to enter routine data.
- Manage vendor partnerships, paperwork, and pricing in working with vendors to improve the best value.
- Determining the most efficient and cost-effective mode of transportation to move materials within the job site along with back and forth to the job sites.
- Analyze ways to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Evaluate staff as needed.
- Adhering to corporate standards to ensure safety policies and procedure are utilized and implemented.
- Based on the location of construction project, you MUST be willing to relocate.
- At least one year of purchasing experience, preferably in an electrical construction environment.
- Preferred CTL, CPPM, CPPS, CPPA, or CPSM Certifications
- High school diploma or GED along with 5+ years of experience.
- Forklift certified or ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Must have proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point software.
- Pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds for an extended period and lift at least 100 pounds at one time.
- Be able to relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Ability to climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and all types of ladders while working at various heights up to 60 feet.
- Able to reach overhead on a repetitive and routine basis, along with Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, and pulls.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Direct Hire
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Military Reserve pay offset.
- Paid maternity leave
Ask for: Julie
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.