Mobile Diesel Mechanic
Job Id: 12167
Are you looking to make a career change to a rapidly growing and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Must be able to perform independently without much supervision.
- Must be able to perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
- Must perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Must perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, etc.
- Must inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Must use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks. Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued Apple iPhone device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Must road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Must obtain parts from approved local and national vendors, as necessary.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Communicate with DFS management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Must establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors or other locations.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Proficiency in the use of iPhone or any other mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms, such as DFS TRAIT and Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer, etc.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid time off
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.