2 months ago
10 Nov 00:00
Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT
Job Id: 5210
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Ensure evaluation of meeting Enterprise-level resiliency requirements for systems under acquisition.
- Support program office activities to validate efficacy of approaches to meet resiliency requirements.
- Cultivate and actively engage engineering matrix support to provide technical guidance in these activities, including identifying and performing independent analysis for risk assessments and risk reduction activities.
- Coordinate resources for identification and evaluation of system impacts as requirements needs evolve.
- Coordinate with direct customer, contractor, SETA support, and external stakeholders in all duties.
- Communicate consolidated, actionable input to the government customer
- Develop analysis plans that define objectives, specific questions or problems to be addressed and overall approach for solutions.
- Determine assessment criteria and technical performance metrics for evaluation.
- Evaluate the applicability of existing models and simulations and assess the need for and planning the development of new models and simulations.
- Establish baseline architecture performance and capability/resiliency gaps.
- Assess the contribution of prototypes and new system concepts to measures of effectiveness and measures of performance.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB, STK, and custom object-oriented software.
- Architecting software solutions to define and analyze satellite systems and evaluate system performance for various scenarios and vignettes.
- Developing analysis tools to perform end-to-end space system architecture analyses and simulation of operational tasking and resource utilization.
- Translating system-level CONOPS, functional analysis, and requirements into models and simulations.
- Supporting system-level integration and validation.
- Initiating and leading simulation development activities for space-based satellite systems, including: system utility, capacity, subsystem modeling, and performance assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Must have knowledge with C/C++ and modern object oriented design and architecture.
- Must have Linux development experience.
- Scripting languages such as python, bash, and Perl desirable.
- Understanding of modeling and simulation tools such as EMANE, STK, OPNet, QualNet, NS3 is desirable.
- Experience of virtual machine and/or Docker container configuration and development.
- Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools.
- Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design and development.
- Strong knowledge in programming languages, compilers, and application execution.
- Knowledge of computer networking with emphasis on wireless mobile networks, wireless systems engineering, and Internet technologies (TCP/IP protocol stack) is a plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PTO
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?
How many years of experience do you have as a Software Engineer?
Any understanding of C/C++ and modern object oriented design?
Any Linux development experience?
Do you have experience with modeling and simulation tools?
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
Why are you looking for a new position?