West Valley City, Utah
30 days ago
Payroll/Human Resources Specialist
West Valley City, UT
Job Id: 9199
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Ensuring payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner; making sure procedures and policies are followed.
- Using time and attendance data from the time system and identifying missed punches.
- Making needed adjustments to PTO, leaves and holidays, and ensuring the data for payroll is accurate.
- Uploading data for payroll processing.
- Reviewing payroll for accuracy, adjusting, and submitting to payroll for processing.
- Monitoring payroll requests (deductions, pay rate increases, garnishments, and levies, etc.) to ensure proper processing and timeliness in the applicable payroll.
- Running reports.
- Researching and resolving payroll issues.
- Auditing and reconciling wide range of payroll reports and documents.
- Researching and preparing reports for management.
- Preparing and executing out-of-cycle pay orders.
- Assisting in covering for the receptionist as needed.
- Experience administering Workers Comp, Family Medical Leave, PTO, bereavement, and other leave programs
- At least one year of payroll experience with a solid knowledge of payroll best practices and a strong understanding of federal and state regulations and laws.
- At least 1 year of HR administration experience
- Competent using HRIS and timekeeping systems. (ADP experience preferred.)
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Competent decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities to meet tight deadlines while remaining flexible and ensuring great attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficiency at writing routine reports and correspondence, and documenting work and related items.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- A strong knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.