30 days ago
06 Apr 00:00
Des Moines, IA
Job Id: 6550
Are you looking to make a career change in the manufacturing industry? A global packaging company is seeking an experienced Plant Controller for their location near Des Moines, IA. This leadership positon offers a competitive comprehensive & personal plan package for the right individual. Relocation Assistance is available.
Serve as key business partner to drive profitability through financial planning, budgeting, and fiscal leadership performance improvement plans. Provide budget forecasting and deliver financial projections through coordination with plant management. Prepare and review plant capital spending requests.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows entire plant operations.
- Plan and coordinate plant budget and business planning activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices.
- Provide financial direction to the plant and provide recommendations to improve site performance.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Must have Finance/Accounting Experience in a Plant Operations Environment
- 5 years of progressive experience as a plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment and/or plant manufacturing/cost accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP R/3 (FL, CO, MM & MM modules preferred)
- High level experience with Excel Spreadsheets and ERP/MRP Systems.
- Experience developing and leading the annual budget, periodic forecasting and monthly closing process.
- Experience in a SOX / GAAP accounting environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred, CMA / CPA certification preferred.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Bonus Options
- Medical insurance paid by company
- Comprehensive Retirement & Pension Plan
- Stock Options, flexible spending account, employee discounts
- Employee discounts
Ask for Michele
Ajulia Executive Search is an Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.