about 2 months ago
22 Jun 00:00
Principal Systems Engineer
Job Id: 6280
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and fast-growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Determining, and implementing technical Information Assurance solutions and Information Security protections and requirements
- Troubleshooting security configuration of Linux systems, identifying and implementing protection configurations and solutions, and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation.
- Defining and developing IA/Information Security strategy, plans, and policies
- Conduct vulnerability assessments; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities (e.g. DoDI 8510.01, NIST 800-53); implementation of security controls in networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components
- Performing technical and nontechnical reviews and audits
- Supporting deployed system and security administrators in maintaining the systems accreditation
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Math
- 8-10 years of systems engineering experience with security features and various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience on Information Assurance architecture, development and implementation
- Strong Red Hat Linux experience
- Understanding of C, Java, Python, Perl, Linux Shell scripting, systems and software development life cycle, methodologies, and tools
- Adept with implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls as well as IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools including Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-I, or IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
- Certification or training on Security-related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris)
- Ability to Travel when required
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Pooja Nirkhe
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.