26 days ago
Production Superintendent - WPL
Job Id: 10274
Are you looking to make a career change to a rapidly growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including 401K. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Meet and exceed production goals set forth by plant management.
- Must meet volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost, increasing team member retention and maintaining good working relationships with the USDA (meat), and all team members
- Directly oversee hourly production team members to include direction of activities and ensuring training of all team members to product specifications, techniques, and requirements
- Monitor and ensure proper procedures, safety, and cleanliness of production team members; provide positive and/or corrective feedback as necessary
- Ensure food safety, human resources, and safety policy compliance with all production team members
- Look for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures and encourage hourly team member ownership of all processes.
- Manages all aspects of processing for the assigned department
- Coordinates with Sales & Marketing, and fellow Superintendents to ensure timely filled orders and fulfill all quality standards.
- Helps and maintains plant safety
- Develops leads and coach’s production team members.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years proven supervisory experience in the food industry; industry-specific experience encouraged
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both written and verbally
- Capable of independent decision making
- Able to quickly and effectively adapt to new and changing situations and manage multiple priorities
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work assigned hours/days, including occasional weekends as required
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- High level of interaction with other departments and team members
- 50+ hours per week, occasionally on weekends
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- 15% yearly bonus potential
Ask for: Minal Amnaji
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.