30 days ago
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Id: 10235
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Responsible for all quality issues in the company operation. This includes quality staff, inspection programs, budgeting, compliance of operations in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, etc.
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing, and motivating quality supervisors, inspectors, and technicians.
- Providing leadership as well as actively participating in technical training programs for management trainees, manufacturing, and quality personnel.
- Assisting in development of finished product specifications, ingredient specifications and processing procedures.
- Implementing inspections to assure compliance with specifications and processing procedures.
- Maintaining effective plant pest control programs.
- Maintaining an effective system to identify, isolate and tag all products that deviate from the established thermal processes.
- Reporting all sanitation, housekeeping, GMP and storage deficiencies to management personnel.
- Representing the department in dealing with various governmental regulatory agencies, customers, and suppliers regarding quality issues.
- Working closely with Operations to identify quality related problems.
- Coordinating the collection and preparation of product samples.
- Assisting Technical Services, Product Development, Environmental Services, and others with special projects.
- Working with Purchasing and Crop Departments to make sure proper raw grading standards are in effect
- Overseeing the grading of all raw crops upon receiving.
- Developing appropriate specifications, processing procedures, sanitation procedures and other pertinent information.
- Analyzing recommendations for existing facility improvements and cost reductions to improve product quality.
- Working closely with Corporate, Plant manufacturing and engineering personnel on cost benefits, studies, and analyses.
- Developing and maintaining a Quality Systems Manual for all processes in the company.
- Reviewing the daily production yields and recovery standards.
- Working with Production on methods of improving yields and recoveries.
- Ensuring the implementation of food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP’s, HACCP/preventative controls, food safety, product quality, food security, FDA and USDA guidelines and requirements, pre-requisite programs, quality systems, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or equivalent experience in a related field
- Broad in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- 3-5 years’ supervisory and/or management experience
- GFSI experience (BRC preferred)
- Six Sigma background preferred
- PCQI Certified preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.