about 1 month ago
Senior Diesel Mechanic
Job Id: 11888
Are you looking to make a career change to work for a dynamic company? This opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Provide excellent maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. Perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform inspections, diagnosis and complex repairs of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Assist other maintenance personnel.
- Work with vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions of new parts.
- Communicate with supervisor if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Oversee the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds.
- Estimate structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Responsible for service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Perform safety checks on vehicles and maintenance related work as required.
- Supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ yrs of experience working on inspection, diagnosis and repair of diesel/gas powered equipment/vehicles
- Caple of communicating needed repairs or tasks
- Experience diagnosing defects in and repair of equipment and vehicles
- Experience utilizing fleet maintenance software program
- Familiar with Total Tire Maintenance Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Medical/ Dental
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Jayme Faulkner
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.