28 days ago
30 Apr 00:00
Senior Electrical Power Design Engineer
South Valley, New Mexico
Job Id: 6152
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and fast-growing company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Evaluate and interpret customer specifications in order to design thrust vector actuation control system electronic controllers, valve drivers, power converters, supplies, EMI filters and power management systems.
- Be an integral part for the electrical design team. Facilitate efforts of thermal analysts, packaging engineers, firmware design engineers, circuit board layout designers, EMI/EMC design engineers, systems engineers, and test engineers/technicians.
- Cater high performance, cost conscious electronic power designs including: analog and digital circuit design. Magnetic design of inductors and transformers and custom power devices such as hybrids, power switches, current sensors and passive devices.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts and design leads to support requirements definition and implementation.
- Assist team in the creation of training materials, standards, processes and tools for team.
- Perform analyses such as tolerance, component derating, power, BIT coverage, stability, EMI/EMC etc.
- Carry out initial prototype testing, integration testing, and design verification / validation.
- Troubleshoot electronics, electronic subsystems and circuit cards.
- Communicate with customers on a professional and technical level
- Manage business unit bid and proposal efforts with cost estimates and technical write-ups.
- Masters or Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering Degree
- years of motor/servomechanism controller and power conversion, emi filter design experience
- Program design experience with Defense / Aerospace / DoD
- Working knowledge of EMI/EMC Mil-STD 461 requirements and circuit implementation
- Familiarity with Cadence/Allegro design tools
- Designing magnetics (inductors, transformers, etc.), AC and DC Converter/Inverter designs experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with Motor Controller Design experience (ie PWM Gate Drives)
- Understanding of Hi-Rel EEE Component Selection/Design/Screening requirements
- Authorized to work in the US with the ability to obtain a government security clearance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Direct Hire
Ask for Pooja Nirkhe
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.