5 days ago
13 May 00:00
Senior R&D Scientist
San Diego, CA
Full time with Benefits
Job Id: 6262
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career with Medical Devices Industry? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
We are looking for a Senior R&D Scientist for our client in the Medical Devices Industry. This role will be responsible for dye development team to develop novel fluorescent dyes for use in Flow Cytometry.
- Collaborate with team to target and synthesize fluorescent dyes in line.
- Create or identify innovative new technologies for fluorescence-based biological detection.
- Perform and oversee a wide variety of small-molecule and macromolecular processing, purification and characterization steps.
- Assist with development strategy by interpreting data and providing guidance to product development teams.
- Work collaboratively in small teams with chemists, biochemists and applications scientists to establish dye specifications.
- Work within early product pipelines, contributing to various stages of development from early proof-of-concept to process development.
- Build case for setting dye specifications through statistical processes and data analysis.
- Draft SOPs, technical reports, and presentations for communicating project progress.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Ph. D preferred, Master's degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an organic or relevant materials chemistry environment.
- 3-5 years of academic/industry experience in organic synthesis/bioconjugation/materials science.
- 3-5 years of experience with UV/Vis and/or fluorescence spectroscopy.
- 3 years of experience with HPLC/SEC/IEX.
- Experience with product design and product development.
- Efficient with experimental design including statistical approaches such as Design of Experiment (DoE) approach.
- Experience with Six Sigma, MiniTab, or statistical analysis.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid PTO
- Paid Vacation
Ask for: Saba
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.