St. Charles, Maryland
23 days ago
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
St. Charles, MD
Job Id: 11415
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Determining best method of outbound shipment and shipping charges
- Scheduling shipping with freight companies
- Checking outgoing shipments for accuracy.
- Checking incoming and outgoing shipments and associated paperwork to determine accuracy and entering data into ERP (M1).
- Prioritizing tasks including outbound orders, incoming distribution, DURA assembly & inventory, maintaining shipping inventory and associated M1 duties.
- Maintaining departmental inventory records.
- Accounting for time and work completed via job management software (M1).
- Corresponding with other departments and vendors on any discrepancies.
- Operating forklifts and other hand tools related to the job needs.
- Overseeing and inspecting personnel in packaging and assembly operations.
- Performing periodic audits of supply items and recording inventory levels.
- Routinely researching freight and supply companies.
- Preparing weekly shipping and receiving reports and entering all purchase orders received into the job management software database.
- Monitoring and working to continually improve safety, quality, efficiency/productivity, cost reduction, and team member morale.
- Wearing proper PPE in accordance with the established company safety standards and guidelines and ensures all others are conforming as well.
- Implementing, monitoring, and maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Supervising assembly and shipping/receiving employees, as needed.
- Experience with production assembly requirements and lean manufacturing.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong computer knowledge; administrative and data entry (Word, Excel, Outlook, inventory and/or ERP programs a plus).
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate standard warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Knowledge of inventory procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently and multi-task.
- Effective comprehension/communication-verbal and written; leadership and team building skills.
- Must be willing to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques such as 5S, one piece flow, value stream mapping, Kaizen and more.
- Ability to foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Demonstrate willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position and participate in a changing environment to reach common goals.
- Maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Ability to ensure all work instructions and procedures are followed.
- Must be able lift and /or move up to 35lbs.
- Able to work in a weather-impacted environment.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.