8 months ago
08 Jan 00:00
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 5123
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Responsible for the development and testing of rotating equipment such as pumps, turbines and energy recovery devices.
- Be involved in coordinating, planning, performing tests, collecting and interpreting data from such equipment.
- Participate in the entire design cycle of turbomachinery hardware including conceptual design, sizing of turbomachinery components, design/selection of rotor-bearing systems and secondary flow paths, instrumentation, controls & data acquisition, and development testing.
- Detailed mechanical design of turbomachinery components such as rotor blades, bearings, shaft etc., including CAD (SolidWorks), drawings, GD&T and layout manufacturing/procurement plans.
- Perform numerical analysis (FEA) to optimize mechanical design for strength, fatigue, reliability and robustness.
- Designing, building and validating new test rigs and flow loops to perform experimental research and development on turbomachinery equipment, including instrumentation, data acquisition, post processing, generating insights and reporting to management.
- Systems design and supporting integration of turbomachinery equipment with field equipment/customer plants.
- Perform numerical analysis (CFD) of hydraulic passages in turbomachinery equipment.
- Analyze mechanical design and fluid flow problems using first principles analytical methods, ID/2D modeling approaches using Matlab codes as well as commercial software (ANSYS CFX/ Fluent etc.).
- Validate designs against in-house test data and/or published work. Coordinate with test engineers in the team to obtain high quality validation test data.
- Layout detailed development plans for a given task and proactively mitigate risk and anticipate possible failure modes.
- Develop design methodologies to achieve maximum efficiency of company equipment at customer operating conditions.
- Works with customer as required throughout project cycle to develop specifications and validate system performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of rotating machinery industry experience.
- Expertise in mechanical design, fluid mechanics and design of turbomachinery.
- Experience with pump and turbine mechanical/hydraulic design.
- Experience in CAD modeling (Solidworks) for design, generating drawings/layouts as well as GD&T.
- Proficiency with using commercial FEA/CFD packages like ANSYS CFX/Fluent required.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and common material properties.
- Experience in BOM (bill of materials) Creation and BOM Maintenance.
- Experience with test instrumentation (Pressure Transducers, Flow Meter, Proximity Probe, Accelerometer, etc?), and data acquisition (e.g. LabVIEW programing)
- Familiarity with structural analysis (FEA and fatigue analysis), a plus.
- Position requires up to 10% international travel.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PT0
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering?
Do you have experience in design of turbomachinery?
Do you have experience with CAD modeling?
Do you have knowledge of standard manufacturing processes?
Do you have experience in turbine mechanical/hydraulic design?
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
Why are you looking for a new position?