New York City, New York
5 days ago
Sr. Warehouse Manager
3rd Shift (overnight)
New York City, NY
Job Id: 8533
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Maintaining receiving, distribution, and warehousing operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing programs, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Supporting the needs of all store locations in a timely fashion
- Implementing plans for achieving departmental business needs
- Responsible supervision of staff including but not limited to: training and motivation to achieve warehouse and department goals
- Ensuring freshness of products by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy
- Controlling ordering by avoiding over/under stock and maintaining inventory by conducting physical counts, reconciling with data storage system, and monitoring ordering procedures.
- Responsible for training and monitoring in the proper use of equipment to ensure safety and sanitary standards are maintained
- Complying with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements.
- Assisting in overseeing Trucking & Transportation department to ensure efficiency, productivity and compliance including DOT standards and regulations.
- Keeping warehouse informed of all activities
- Training and assigning employees to specific duties, working together as a team, and following up to ensure expected results
- Other duties required as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the areas of Food Productions, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or related business, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in food production, manufacturing, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience or 18-36 months as an Operations Manager
- Prior supervisory skills preferably in a food production environment preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and termination
- Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in MS Office and basic Computer applications.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Bilingual a must (English & Spanish)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.