Far Rockaway, New York
13 days ago
Statutory Accounting Officer
Far Rockaway, NY
Job Id: 9920
Are you looking to make a career change to a professional and stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Statutory & GAAP accounting & reporting
- Responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory closing statements and reports. This includes premium, losses, and investment income.
- Must stay current with statutory rules and regulations.
- Prepares of all aspects of quarterly and annual statements. This includes all supporting schedules.
- Prepares and reviews of all collections.
- Prepares of all aspects of financial statements. This includes all supporting schedules.
- Establishes policies and procedures for STAT & GAAP accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for monthly closing process as well as monthly reporting.
- Preparation of STAT to GAAP reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly consolidations, federal taxes and state taxes.
- Bachelors’ Degree or better in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting management of a P&C insurance company preparing statutory reports & GAAP reports
- Strong technical knowledge of Statutory and GAAP Insurance Accounting Standards
- Experience must include completing all components of statutory blanks and supplemental filings for admitted companies for all 50 states.
- Experience with triennial exams.
- STAT to GAAP reconciliation experience
- Experienced with financial forecasts & analysis
- Analysis of operating expense budgeting & cost drivers
- Experience in streamlining processes and implementation of automation
- BA in accounting or related field. MBA a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with ERP and Budgeting & Planning platforms preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Ashley
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.