2 months ago
11 Dec 00:00
VP of Preconstruction Services
Job Id: 4945
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Works with Executive Management on project selection, pricing strategies, bid preparation and notification of bid schedule, deliverables and forecasting.
- Ensure that multiple bids or assignments take place simultaneously as needed.
- Understands the organizations goals and objectives as it relates to annual revenue and backlog requirements and supports this effort accordingly this all-preconstruction efforts.
- Develops a client base and maintains professional relationships with subcontractors and vendors creating lasting relationships over time.
- Participates in business development process with the Account Executives by acquiring and defining project opportunities.
- Performs all major bid closings, and at times, leads as a Bid Captain in the development of sales proposals.
- Estimate and price labor and material during the bid process; can define the scope of work.
- Ensure price coverage by vendors.
- Ensure the proper transition from preconstruction to operations for all successful bid estimates to ensure the best chance for project success.
- Buying / purchasing at times if required during the bid process and establishes budgets and negotiates the best deals, which meet the contract specifications and remain within the established budgets while taking into account project-specific challenges.
- Maintains a list of vendors and suppliers who meet MBE/SBE/EEOC requirements.
- Serves as the Company representative when dealing with the owner, general contractor vender and internal customers.
- Maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to the project team.
- Performs weekly Preconstruction/sales meetings to ensure goals and targets are maintained.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager or Project Manager on team assignments and assist the Operations team during pre-construction.
- Read and review and bid documents to ensure bid compliance.
- Coordinate all contractibility, value engineering, estimating, cost control, and procurement activates.
- Monitor design progress for compliance with defined cost, schedule, and quality criteria.
- Provide and update design/construction project schedule analysis during pre-construction period.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience as Preconstruction Manager.
- 10 years of experience in a construction related field.
- Must have conceptual estimating experience on midsized to large commercial building projects.
- Experience in negotiation for critical and controversial situations.
- Comfortable handling issues with officers and company executives.
- Demonstrated success in managing preconstruction process for major, complex projects.
- Proficiency in the areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, financial reporting and client relationship.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PTO
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.