Warehouse Team Leader
Job Id: 12153
Are you looking to make a career change to a cutting edge, fortune 500 company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Proficient in receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Able to receive, deliver and inspect for accuracy and quality before moving to assigned storage space and complete the required documentation for entering the inventory system.
- Manage and control inventory levels by conducting proper auditing techniques like physical counts, reconciling with data storage system.
- The candidate is expected to conduct interviews and recommendation on new hires. Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance and development.
- Must maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Must be able to comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements.
- Recommends and plans for operating costs and communicate strategies to improve.
- Recommends staff resources required or revision to staffing based upon changing requirements (receiving and shipping hours, manpower, etc.) to Operations Leader Supply Chain.
- Conducts daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual finished goods inventory audits to ensure all information is correct for our management teams and customers.
- Must complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, by following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees with the guidance of Human Resources appraising job results.
- Maintains a safe environment for the team and company.
- Drive performance to meet customer expectations, maintain open communications and be responsive to customer's requirements and expectations.
- Associate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory or Business Management preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of increased responsibility within distribution, supply chain and logistics functions with Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a Leadership role food and beverage industry required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of Good Mfg. Practices, HACCP, Internal Auditing, etc. in a food manufacturing environment (SQF or ISO knowledge preferred). Must attain Food Safety Training (Qualified Individual).
- Strong understanding of a 3PL system and/or Warehouse Management System required. Certification in Lean Management or Six Sigma preferred.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends if scheduled or is necessary and fill in for absences for forklift drivers or other department employees.
- Strong analytical, financial, and planning competencies. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong client or business relationships.
- The candidate will need to attain forklift training provided by the company.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid time off
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.